Striking UK Numbers – January 2019
11/02/2019 | Personal Debt Solutions
Striking UK Numbers – January 2019 - Every day in the UK
• The population of the UK grew by an estimated 1,166 people a day between 2017 and 2018.
• On average, a UK household spends £3.97 a day on water, electricity and gas.
• 273 people a day are declared insolvent or bankrupt, in July to September 2018. This is equivalent to one person every 5 minutes 16 seconds.
• 3,001 Consumer County Court Judgments (CCJs) are issued every day in Q3 2018, with an average value of £1,337.
• Citizens Advice Bureaux in England and Wales & Northern Ireland dealt with 2,465 new debt problems every day during December 2018.
• 12 properties are repossessed every day in Q3 2018 or one every 2 hours.
• The number of mortgages with arrears of over 2.5% of the remaining balance fell by 11 a day.
• 1000 people a day reported they had become redundant in September & November 2018.
• Net lending to individuals & Housing Associations in the UK grew by £137 million a day in November 2018.
• The Government debt fell by £86m a day in the year to November 2018.
• Borrowers would repay £140 million a day in interest in November 2018.
• It costs an average of £22.95 per day for a couple to raise a child from birth to the age of 18.
• 53 mortgage possession claims and 34 mortgage possession orders are made every day in July to September 2018.
• 344 landlord possession claims and 257 landlord possession orders are made every day.
Personal debt in the UK
People in the UK owed £1.616 trillion at the end of November 2018.
The average total debt per household – including mortgages – was £58,948 in November. The revised figure for October was £58,799.
Per adult in the UK that’s an average debt of £30,832 in November – around 112.0% of average earnings. This is up from a revised £30,754 a month earlier.
We have helped many people with personal debt in the UK – view our testimonials and see.
If you would like further information on personal debt solutions please contact Griffin & King Insolvency Practitioners on 01922 722205, and speak to Tim, Mark or Janet. You can also contact Janet by email on email@example.com, or by text or calling on 07545 806531.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!