Striking UK Numbers June 2019
04/07/2019 | Personal Debt Solutions
• The population of the UK grew by an estimated 1,166 people a day between 2017 and 2018.
• On average, a UK household spends £4.05 a day on water, electricity and gas.
• 350 people a day were declared insolvent or bankrupt in January to March 2019. This was equivalent to one person every 4 minutes and 7 seconds.
• 3,567 Consumer County Court Judgements (CCJs) were issued every day in England and Wales in Q1 2019, with an average value of £1,398.
• Citizens Advice Bureaux in England, Wales and Northern Ireland dealt with 2,527 debt issues every day in the year to May 2019.
• 15 properties were repossessed every day in Q1 2019, or one every 1 hour and 34 minutes.
• The number of mortgages with arrears of over 2.5% of the remaining balance fell by 8 a day. • The number of people unemployed fell by 307 per day in the year to March 2019.
• 1,213 people a day reported they had become redundant in January to March 2019.
• Net lending to individuals and housing associations in the UK grew by £148 million a day in April 2019.
• Government debt increased by £96.2 million a day in the year to May 2019.
• Borrowers paid £139 million a day in interest in April 2019.
• It costs an average of £22.95 per day for a couple to raise a child from birth to the age of 18.
• For a lone parent family, the cost of raising a child comes to £27.90 per day.
• 68 mortgage possession claims and 48 mortgage possession orders were made every day in January to March 2019.
• 337 landlord possession claims and 263 landlord possession orders were made every day.
Personal Debt in the UK
People in the UK owed £1,637 billion at the end of April 2019. This is up from £1,588 billion at the end of April 2018, an extra £946.00 per UK adult over the year.
| Type of Personal Debt
|| Total Personal Debt £ billion
|| Per Household £
|| Per Adult £
| Secured (Mortgages)
| Unsecured Consumer debt
| Of Which, Credit Card Debt
| Grand Total
Statistics Source: http//www.themoneycharity.org.uk
Personal Debt Statistics in the UK
We have assisted many people with personal debt in the UK - view our testimonials.
If you would like further information on Corporate or Personal debt solutions please contact Griffin & King Insolvency Practitioners on 01922 722205, and speak to Tim, Mark or Janet.
You can also contact Janet by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or by text or calling on 07545 806 531.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!