By Tim Corfield
They’re coming thick and fast at the moment!
I was 60 on St Valentine’s Day! – although I prefer to look at it as having 40 years of experience being 20!
I’ve also been at Griffin & King for 30 years later this year. Where’s that gone? What advice would I give to a 20 year old thinking about a future in business? - Other than not to do it! Here are a few of my thoughts;
- Treat others as you would expect to be treated
- Be prepared to compromise
- Remember, you don’t get a second chance at life
- See the world
- Play hard and work hard
- Don’t regret anything – but learn from your mistakes
- If you don’t like something – do something about it
- Count your blessings every day
- Make time for the family
- Don't be afraid to take advice
- Find time to laugh
- Have the courage of your convictions
- Look after those that look after you
- Don’t bear grudges – life’s too short
- Think positive and you’ll get positive results
- Appreciate what you have learned
- Make time to relax and recoup
- Be kind to yourself
But, most of all
Don't let the MAN grind you down!